Our client, a specialized textile manufacturer for healthcare, defense, aviation, and consumer products markets, is seeking a VP of Global Human Resources.
Summary of Position Responsibility:
The VP of Global HR is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant HR policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals and driving the company culture. The candidate will develop and execute HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
- Build and maintain an effective and proactive HR organization.
- Generate data-driven strategic workforce plans and execute recruitment and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the organization.
- Function as a strategic adviser to the Executive Leadership Team regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Provide advice and guidance on various topics including performance and talent management, leadership development, compensation, succession planning, and coaching.
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends and collaborate with business leaders to identify issue root causes and create and implement solutions.
- Plan and execute programs that will stretch the organization to ensure that the business maintains strength in human capital, talent, and culture.
- Be an active and visible leader of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and training to management regarding change management, engagement, recognition, development, and performance coaching.
- Convey HR best practices throughout Global HR function.
- Ensure compliance with worldwide employment regulatory requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 15 years of progressive global human resources leadership experience.
- Experience working in a $400m - $1b global manufacturing environment.
- Proven success as an HRBP with broad knowledge of HR strategic initiatives, talent acquisition, HR operations, and business acumen.
- Proficiency in HR data analytics.
- Hands-on experience leading and developing HR teams to deliver outstanding performance to the organization.
- Established reputation as a collaborator, demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness, and known track record for high personal integrity.
- Highly motivated, energizing attitude that inspires others to seek higher levels of performance.
- Innate sense of urgency around the HR strategic agenda and stimulates the organization to achieve objectives.
- Must enjoy taking the challenge to attract, develop and grow the talent of the management team, dedicating time, and individual effort to coach, and, if needed, taking corrective action.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; 20% Travel.