Our client, a cutting edge creator of advanced vision systems, is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources (VPHR). The VPHR is responsible for supporting the overall business plan and strategic direction of a rapidly growing organization. Focus will be on areas including but not limited to succession planning, talent acquisition and management, successful onboarding practices, training and development, performance management and employee engagement. The role will ensure organization-wide alignment, cohesion, and impact in the planning and implementation of company priorities. The VPHR will lead the intentional development and sustainability of a healthy and coherent organizational culture that aligns with this company’s core values and strategic direction. The VPHR will oversee the team that manages Human Resources and grow it according to the needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the long-term vision and strategy for onboarding, personal and professional retreats, development programs, the company’s approach to supporting key talent, and manager development (including strategic guidance in how these programs support global growth)
- Lead and develop team members, ensuring value is felt, seen, and heard in both individual development and team perception
- Analyze, translate, and leverage data to gain buy-in and leadership support for organizational wide Talent Development programs and initiatives; demonstrate a clear understanding of the organizational vision, strategy, and goals by aligning program objectives and talent exercises with defined goals for organizational success
- Develop and execute a competency-based development approach that can align to any level within the organization
- Cultivate enduring coaching programs and ensure reach across company leadership team to support its growth/development; similarly, build momentum and reach with coaching programs for individual contributors to support key talent/internal mobility
- Ensure all departments have objectives and key results (OKRs) that are measured, communicated, and acted upon
- Ensure individual objectives and key results are established and have the means to track metrics and manage performance
- Establish performance review process that leads to clear feedback and understanding of roles/expectations
- Own talent management cyclical processes and programs to ensure we know our performance in this space and leaders are communicating results clearly and effectively
- Ensure the organization has a strategic plan supporting succession planning, talent management, and organizational design strategies
- Evaluate current human resource management systems as the organization scales, to ensure adoption, accuracy, and quality of employee data as it relates to HR, payroll, benefits and compliance. Oversee the project and change management of any new system changes or integrations
- Establish payroll plans and models that ensure payroll aligns with financial and operational needs of the business.
- Develop a compensation philosophy and ensure company adheres to it
- Asses efficiency opportunities across the business to ensure it is staying lean while growing
- Establish workforce management processes to ensure delivery of the right people, at the right time for business needs.
- Build a benefits strategy that supports the long-term goals of the company, financial plan, and benefit employee’s lives
- Ensure compliance with all national and international laws and regulations for global recruiting and employment practices
- Create and execute a strategy that builds client culture as it scales scale
- Establish culture as a critical criterion in all aspects of the employee lifecycle; hiring decisions, promotions, recognition, and terminations
- Develop an employee experience that connects culture to employees’ daily lives.
- Lead internal communication strategy development and execution
- Establish metrics at each life cycle and drive improvements through cross functional People & Culture and organizational efforts Through onboarding and employee engagement, build and sustain commitment to the company’s vision and culture
- Establish and maintain operational budgets and progress reporting, ensure projections are met, and focus on continuing to improve performance
- Cultivate partners relationship to ensure the best results in long-term collaborative results
- Take responsibility for the success of the whole organization not just the business unit
- Implement and iterate on an employer brand strategy that supports the company’s growth and represents our culture and experience
- Establish hiring processes and measures that ensure hiring top talent with speed couple an amazing candidate experience
- Develop strategy to build a global talent pipeline for future hiring needs
- Assess long-term & short-term strategic plans for people and talent needs, segmented by locations and business needs
- Ensure trusted relationships with business leaders, hiring managers, and other stakeholders to recommend and successfully implement innovative and effective recruitment and branding strategies
- Design and drive diversity recruitment initiatives in alignment with organizational objectives around diversity and inclusion
- Develop manager programs that support managers growth and development; allow them to continuously scale their impact within the organization
- Create career path and development opportunities for individual to move into new roles within the organization
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 8+ years in human resource leadership role or equivalent
- Seasoned Executive Coaching experience
- Experience leading HR teams of at least 10 employees.
- High growth (25%+ YoY) organization experience
- Knowledge/experience with employment laws and labor legislation in the USA, some global experience is preferred