Responsible for company-wide plant operational safety and training. Deliver and evaluate programs, procedures, training, and work practices for plant associates and assess training effectiveness. Promote and enforce plant safety culture.
- Ensure that manufacturing employees have been assigned an “On the Job (OJT)” trainer for their specific function(s).
- Prior to the start of OJT, coordinate with the Supervisor and ensure all new employees (full time and temporary) have completed “New Employee Orientation” Training and it is documented appropriately in JOMAR and CPRO.
- Monitor, certify and validate that training is complete and effective. Ensure appropriate training documents and update the training matrix. If it is determined that the trainee requires additional OJT, the Training Coordinator will work with Plant Management and HR and reschedule accordingly.
- Coordinate recertification for employees in the event of a training update.
- Review all new training documents and updates to ensure they are consistent with the tasks for the job each employee is training for and performing. Ensure Best Practices are being documented and effectively communicated through Process Work Instructions and Training Materials.
- Periodically audit employee progress towards becoming a Certified Operator; recommend and encourage employees to strive for certification.
- Managing all employee safety training requirements. Implement plant safety initiatives lead hourly / salary Safety committee, investigate any safety related incidents and ensure prompt corrective actions are implemented.
- Update new set-ups in JOMAR and assign Quality alerts to appropriate locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CPro (Compliant Pro) Software.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish required.
- Previous experience in training – ability to design and implement training initiatives.
- Detail oriented and organized team player with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze and establish performance metrics.
- Must be able to work off shift hours as necessary.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment required.