King & Bishop
Our client, a long-term leader is the packaging industry, has an immediate need for a Training & Development Specialist (TDS). If you take passion in providing outstanding customer service to employees in matters of learning and development matters, then we want to hear from you. Our ideal candidate is smart, energetic, hard-working and likes to have FUN!
The TDS will be primarily responsible for helping employees improve and help deliver upon the commitment to serve its customers.
- Assess training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives.
- Create, organize, plan, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees.
- Develop unique training programs to fulfill workers’ specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Create and/or acquire training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Present/facilitate training and development programs using various forms and formats (i.e., group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos).
- Maintain records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Assess training materials prepared by instructors.
- Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Coordinate and administer the existing training programs including employee status in such programs, frequency of training required and coordination of training programs.
- Develop and maintain a system to continually assess employee performance, training, and development gaps and needs.
- Work with managers to gather and deliver feedback to our suppliers regarding employee development in their workshops and training programs.
- Design, development and continuously improve on all tools and resources needed to support employee performance and development.
- Conduct employee surveys and interviews regarding employee development and desired programs.
- Communicate training needs and necessary resources to the organization.
- Work with managers to review and suggest improvements for each performance management tool, training, and workshop.
- Perform other related duties as required in support of the Human Resources Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources, Training and Development, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrable training and development experience as a corporate training and development specialist or related position.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
- Familiarity with Human Resources software, candidate management systems and social media platforms.