Medical Device company seeks a Staff Accountant to lead the Company’s local accounting activities and support the company’s Controller in helping to scale the company’s operations.
This position will interact and support all levels of the organization. This is an exciting role where you
will be exposed to all aspects of accounting.
The ideal candidate is a process-driven individual who can develop and implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information. They will have a strong attention to detail to maintain the highest levels of accuracy and completeness in their
responsibilities. The Staff Accountant will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively, ethically and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
• Perform the monthly financial close including account reconciliations
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
• Manage full-cycle accounts payable operations; match, batch, and code invoices and perform weekly check runs. Perform vendor management and manage the AP inbox daily
• Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to GAAP.
• Maintain and record Company’s inventory and fixed assets
• Review and enter payroll records and employee expense reimbursements
• Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledger accounts
• Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
• Prepare periodic analysis and reports as needed
• Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Participate in internal audits as required
• Assist in the transition to a new ERP system
• Assist with other accounting projects as needed
• Proven experience as a staff accountant
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external customers.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables
• Excellent work ethic
• Positive, proactive approach
• Understanding and application of Generally Accepted Account Principles (GAAP)
• Ability to strategically define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion
• Experience working with general ledger reconciliations
• Understanding of consolidations – a plus
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
• Experience in reconciling inventory and managing fixed assets – a plus
• Excellent at Microsoft Excel (Pivots, V-Lookups)
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP and Sage)
• Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
• BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field – preferred