Our client, a pioneer and leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant (SA) with wide and deep analytical talent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timely closing of the general ledger and assist in the financial reporting efforts of the accounting team. The SA will ensure all revenue, cost of sales and G&A related activity is accurately reported and communicated to management; ensure financial accounts are reconciled; issues investigated and resolved timely enabling accurate financial reporting. This role will report to the CFO with hybrid working options available.
- Support key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on general ledger and financial results
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas such as cash, prepaid assets, AP, fixed assets, accruals, leases, sales commissions, and inter-company accounting.
- Review entries and reconciliations prepared by other team members.
- Review subsidiary financials for completeness and accuracy and ensure appropriate consolidation into consolidated financial statements
- Manage the payroll process with HR and external vendors, including processing payroll for multiple locations and currencies
- Assist the CFO with maintaining and updating technical accounting positions memos and detail new positions memos, including ASC 606 and 842.
- Work with the external auditors for assigned areas and partner with them to complete the annual financial statement audits on time, including consolidated US audit and foreign statutory audits
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. entity set up, system implementation, etc.)
- 3-7 years of experience in Accounting at a fast-growing company is required, international and intercompany experience is also required
- A bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with NetSuite ERP required, with multiple entities and currencies preferred
- Ability to learn systems quickly, Salesforce experience a plus
- Confident and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment and interacting with multiple departments
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and excited by challenges and growth