Our client, an emerging, mission driven, AI and robotics organization, is hiring a Principal Investigator (PI) to join their rapidly growing team. This is an exciting, mostly remote opportunity to help change lives by furthering the possibilities of wearable technology.
The PI will be an experienced contributor leading the capture and execution of research and development (R&D)-focused contracts for the Business Development unit. The role will uncover opportunities, propose, capture, and manage the execution of R&D contracts and agreements from the Department of Defense and other federal agencies.
- Proposal writing search capture, present government backed contracts.
- Act as a team lead to build price structure
- Establish relationships internally and externally
- Serve as PI on R&D contracts and agreements by being responsible for the management and integrity of the design, conduct, and reporting of the research project and for managing, monitoring, and ensuring the integrity of any collaborative relationships.
- Identify Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), government grants, or similar contract or agreement opportunities that align with client’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Discover potential partnerships with government agencies, labs, and academic institutions that may advance client’s technology or the use case for ENG-based gesture control.
- Provide superb communication with clarity, with exceptional verbal and written skills for engaging at all levels, from individual contributors up to CEOs.
- Lead the capture of R&D contract opportunities by organizing and writing innovative proposals with high probability of winning. Establish and maintain an R&D proposal execution game plan, which must identify which agencies will open bidding and when.
- Quickly generate complex written documents, to include proposals, task statements of work, draft government letters of support or memoranda of understanding, and more.
- Perform effective cost/schedule/performance risk management of current and proposed efforts, and convey those analyses to company executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related STEM field; master’s degree desired. PhD preferred.
- At least four years' relevant experience required, including two years interacting with the US government’s research and development (R&D) contract environment.
- Professional-level written communication skills, with ability to translate complex technical plans into elegant and easily understood winning proposal materials
- Excellent verbal communication skills, enabling the effective and confident explanation of project plans and progress to company leaders and team members.
- Effective and and tactful interpersonal skills for collaborating with customers and team members
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capability to enable navigation and resolution of project challenges.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and occasionally stressful environment.
- Proficient with Google workspace, Microsoft Office, and related productivity software.
- Current project management credentials or certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent time management