Our client, a leading provider of statistical software and analytics for clinical trial designs and execution, has an immediate need for a Payroll Specialist. The role is responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager with the day-to-day payroll operations for North America.
- Assist with the US and Canada payrolls and produce all bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles, special compensation amounts, and bonus payrolls.
- Help to ensure the timely processing of federal, state and local tax filings, payments, corrections, tax notices or tax demand.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and IRS regulations.
- Liaise with ADP for payroll/benefits setup and year-end reporting.
- Support filing in new employment tax territories supporting the Payroll manager
- Attend to responding to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
- Work with HR team members and Finance on payroll related issues, reporting, audits and account reconciliations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years directly related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding payroll
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision