Our client, an innovator and leading provider of cybersecurity, business analytics and service sureness, has an immediate need for an experienced Manager of Sales Compensation. The Manager provide comprehensive end-to-end processing of commission plans and sales incentive payment calculation for all commissionable positions worldwide.
This mission-critical role will collaborate with finance, HR, and sales/services leadership to ensure operational alignment. The Manager is expected to lead and mentor the Sales Compensation Analysts on the team.
• Lead the process for the administration, validation and processing of incentive compensation plans for all commission eligible employees
• Develop commission communication materials, train members of sales regarding commission calculations and policy changes, as appropriate.
• Lead the annual and monthly process of distributing compensation plans.
• Provide timely resolution of inquiries from comp plan participants.
• Produce insights on reporting and analytics by partnering with leaders to determine business needs and be able to provide consistent and timely information proactively and as the need arises
• Create commission communication materials to be able train members of sales and sales support functions regarding commission calculations and policy changes as appropriate
• Craft and maintain commission related policy and procedure documentation. This will include working with sales and revenue operations in modeling scenarios and providing recommendations
• Identify improvements and enhancements to commissions related processes
• Establish mastery of sales incentive plans and related data sources and systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance or related field equivalent from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, managing direct and indirect resources, preferably in a global organization.
• Prior experience with sales, sales management, sales or finance operations.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with commission or incentive compensation plans and other incentive subject matter inclusive of quota, attainment, commission, MBOs, SPIFs, and bonus administration required.
• Detailed understanding of sales processes, sales reporting including sale forecasting, pipeline management, salesforce automation, quoting, booking and license delivery.
• Maintain proper documentation of the commissions processes and related control.
• Train and mentor team members regarding commission processes and policy changes as appropriate.
• Serve as a point of contact for employees, managers and sales leaders to address questions regarding compensation plans, and perform research as needed to help resolve issues, and develop appropriate solutions to resolve exception payment requirements.
• Experience with Oracle iCOMPincentive compensation management software, or equivalent commission application is preferred (e.g., Salesforce.com).
• Meticulous, highly organized and self-directed approach to work, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing tasks in time-constrained situations.
• Strong ability to manage confidential information required.
• Disciplined attention to detail and ability to adhere to tight deadlines required.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and foster cross-functional collaboration
• Self-confident with ability to work with and influence senior management.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, gaining trust and confidence as a strategic partner from all levels within the organization.
• Strong problem solving, organizational and collaboration skills.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of and background in highly matrixed, technology organizations.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improving and strengthening overall processes and operations.
• Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
• Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
• Experience with financial modeling and analysis.
• Experience with Salesforce.com, especially reporting and data extraction.