Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of critical finance, accounting, and reporting activities.
The Controller will be involved in day-to-day accounting/finance operations of a $40 million revenue budget and have responsibility over aspects of accounting, and financial analysis.
Accounting and Regulatory Policies
- Oversee the day-to-day Accounting activities including:
- Derivatives/SWAPs, Mortgage Banking, Investments, and OREO
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain the General Ledger chart of accounts.
- Become subject matter expert in financial accounting applications i.e. Fixed Assets, GL, AP.
- Provide accounting guidance on non-accrual, impaired, trouble-debt restructures, and real estate owned
- Oversee the calculation of the daily cash position.
- Monitor reserve requirements to ensure adequate reserves are maintained
- Provide information to tax advisors in preparation of company tax returns; review for accuracy and assist with the filing of withholdings.