In this hands-on, customer-focused role, the HR Manager will support all levels of employees and drive a variety of key HR functions, including compliance, benefits administration, HRIS, recruiting support and onboarding/offboarding.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the Company expert on all relevant federal and state laws, including those related to COVID19, PMFL, FLSA, OSHA, EEO1, etc.
- Manage all mandatory reporting, keep abreast of deadlines and requirements
- Ensure employee handbook is up to date.
- Keep VP HR informed of relevant updates to laws and help draft communication plans.
- Provide training as needed, track employee compliance.
- Take responsibility for ensuring mandatory posters are posted and current.
- Run reports and completes EEO-1.
- Act as the primary point of contact for employees regarding benefit-related issues.
- Administer and communicate the Company’s benefits program plan options, features, and enrollment requirements.
- Provide proactive coaching to employees for all benefits programs.
- Review enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinate with third-party administrators.
- Ensure compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and documents as required.
- Coordinate health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Participate in benefits administration, including claims resolution, approval of invoices for payment, distribution of annual employee notices as required, and assisting with benefits reporting requirements.
- Manage all employee Leaves of Absences, including maternity leave, disability, FMLA and similar programs
- Prepare materials and communications in support of annual open enrollment activity.
- Ensure that terminating employees are removed from appropriate benefit systems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be prepared to assist in the planning, development, and redesigning of benefits programs and analysis of benefits costs.
- Coordinate wellness and health education activities with benefits broker.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary levels.
- Schedule candidates and manage logistics of onsite interviews
- Manage on-boarding process for new hires as well as temps, consultants, and interns.
- Create orientation schedule, send new hire welcome emails, and manage background checks.
- Conduct new hire orientations and prepare required paperwork, including I-9 forms. Ensure that employees sign and understand all new hire documents.
- Provide answers to routine questions and escalate questions and concerns as needed.
- Maintain electronic and paper employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- Process employee action forms and ensure proper approvals.
- Assist in the exit interview process.
- Maintain the Company’s organization charts.
- Maintain the employee handbook with updated information as needed.
- Respond to all requests for employment verifications.
- Take responsibility for legal compliance, including posters.
- Maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records and compile reports as needed.
- Run reports and completes EEO-1 annually.
- Maintain HR data structures within the HRIS.
- Create reports, slides, and charts as part of HR analytics.
- Ensure adherence to HRIS governance and compliance practices (run EEO, Affirmative Action reports, etc.).
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to drive the use of technology, self-service tools, and process efficiency both within HR and cross-functionally.
- Support year-end process, including performance appraisal, merit, bonus, and equity.
- Ensure all necessary compensation changes are captured and entered into the HRIS.
- Participate in Radford salary surveys.
- Partner closely with Payroll and potentially act as a back-up if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) or an MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of HR generalist experience. Life sciences industry strongly preferred. Experience must include benefits administration and compliance. Should be extremely well versed in the area of federal and Massachusetts leave and employment laws, especially those related to COVID19.
- Extensive knowledge of business software with proficiency with Mac OS preferred. Extensive experience with ADP Workforce, and proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required.
- People-oriented self-starter with a pioneering spirit, good ethics, intelligence, and high energy.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven relationship-building and problem-solving skills to provide internal customers with value-added support.
- Strong thinker with good judgment and assertiveness to voice continuous improvement ideas.
- Self-disciplined with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.