In this hands-on, customer-focused role, the HR Manager will support all levels of employees and drive a variety of key HR functions, including compliance, benefits administration, HRIS, recruiting support and onboarding/offboarding. ESSENTIAL JOB
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as the Company expert on all relevant federal and state laws, including those related to COVID19, PMFL, FLSA, OSHA, EEO1, etc.
- Manage all mandatory reporting, keep abreast of deadlines and requirements
- Ensure employee handbook is up to date. § Provide training as needed, track employee compliance.
- Take responsibility for ensuring mandatory posters are posted and current.
- Run reports and completes EEO-1.
- Act as the primary point of contact for employees regarding benefit-related issues.
- Administer and communicate the Company’s benefits program plan options, features, and enrollment requirements.
- Provide proactive coaching to employees for all benefits programs.
- Review enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinate with third-party administrators.
- Ensure compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and documents as required.
- Coordinate health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Participate in benefits administration, including claims resolution, approval of invoices for payment, distribution of annual employee notices as required, and assisting with benefits reporting requirements.
- Manage all employee Leaves of Absences, including maternity leave, disability, FMLA and similar programs
- Prepare materials and communications in support of annual open enrollment activity.
- Ensure that terminating employees are removed from appropriate benefit systems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be prepared to assist in the planning, development, and redesigning of benefits programs and analysis of benefits costs.
- Coordinate wellness and health education activities with benefits broker.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary levels. § Schedule candidates and manage logistics of onsite interviews
- Manage on-boarding process for new hires as well as temps, consultants, and interns.
- Create orientation schedule, send new hire welcome emails, and manage background checks.
- Conduct new hire orientations and prepare required paperwork, including I-9 forms.
- Ensure that employees sign and understand all new hire documents. HR
- Provide answers to routine questions and escalate questions and concerns as needed. § Maintain electronic and paper employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- Process employee action forms and ensure proper approvals. § Assist in the exit interview process.
- Maintain the Company’s organization charts.
- Maintain the employee handbook with updated information as needed.
- Respond to all requests for employment verifications.
- Take responsibility for legal compliance, including posters.
- Maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records and compile reports as needed.
- Run reports and completes EEO-1 annually. § Maintain HR data structures within the HRIS.
- Create reports, slides, and charts as part of HR analytics.
- Ensure adherence to HRIS governance and compliance practices (run EEO, Affirmative Action reports, etc.).
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to drive the use of technology, self-service tools, and process efficiency both within HR and cross-functionally.
- Support year-end process, including performance appraisal, merit, bonus, and equity. § Ensure all necessary compensation changes are captured and entered into the HRIS.
- Participate in Radford salary surveys.
- Partner closely with Payroll and potentially act as a back-up if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) or an MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of HR generalist experience. Life sciences industry strongly preferred. Experience must include benefits administration and compliance.
- Should be extremely well versed in the area of federal and Massachusetts leave and employment laws, especially those related to COVID19.
- Extensive knowledge of business software with proficiency with Mac OS preferred.
- Extensive experience with ADP Workforce, and proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required.
- People-oriented self-starter with a pioneering spirit, good ethics, intelligence, and high energy.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven relationship-building and problem-solving skills to provide internal customers with value-added support.
- Strong thinker with good judgment and assertiveness to voice continuous improvement ideas.
- Self-disciplined with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.