Our client, a long-established auto transport expert, is in need of an experienced HR Generalist.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, compensation review, performance management, employee engagement, employee relations and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures; assist in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures; help maintain the employee handbook.
- Conduct employee relations counseling and coaching, and exit interviewing. Analyzes exit interviews and make recommendations for continuous improvement strategies.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Track and monitor COVID-19 prevention procedures and weekly testing
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Participate in human resources staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as directed.
- Develop, analyze, report and maintain HR metrics for site and HR management.
- Assist with improving performance management, talent development and employee engagement.
- HR experience in OEM or commercial transportation logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Strong collaboration and active listening skills
- Ability to provide consultation and coaching to managers and employees
- Ethical practice
- Global and cultural awareness (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- HR expertise (knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations)
- Relationship management skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong Excel skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.