Our client, a global manufacturer of electrical and mechanical drives, motion control and automation systems, is in need of an HR Generalist.
This is a contract position with high likelihood of evolving to permanent.
- Assist with the development of and administers various HR plans, procedures and programs for to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Advise employees on day-to-day HR related questions and concerns, helping to provide an employee-oriented,
high performance culture.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Maintain HRIS systems, and ensures integrity of all employee data and related information.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or
directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state employment law compliance such as Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
and manage reporting
- Administer Benefits, Leave of Absence and Worker’s Compensation plans in conjunction with thirty party
- Assist the HR team in conducting thorough investigations on employee issues and provides recommendations on
solution / course of action.
- Facilitate talent acquisition activities, such as sourcing , interviewing, background checks etc.
- Coordinate with outside staffing agencies to secure temporary employees, based on departmental needs
- Facilitates on-boarding and off-boarding activities as well as employee transfers.
- Collaborate and partners with other departments in the organization by providing necessary guidance,
education and materials to managers and employees, including handbooks, reports, program guidelines, etc. to
emphasize employee empowerment.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, HR or Management
- 2-5 years experience with any combination of benefits administration, talent acquisition, employee releations
- Experience with HRIS systems, working knowledge of ADP WorforceNow and SAP a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to exhibit and practice a high level of confidentiality