Our client, a manufacturer of foam and fiber technology for consumer and industrial products, has an immediate opening for an HR Assistant. This individual will be an integral part of the team with a primary focus on managing the organization's benefits programs and the leave administration process, including maintaining Federal and State compliance.
- Administer all employee benefit programs, maintaining compliance with federal and state laws, manage the annual open enrollment process, and serve as the reference person for all employee inquiries regarding benefits and claims
- Manage, research, and run well-being programs, including the EAP
- Manage the leave administration and ADA accommodation process, keeping in compliance with Federal and State leave laws. Train and inform managers on leave
programs and employee leave status.
- Prepare new hire onboarding packages and conduct new hire benefits orientation meetings
- Maintain all personnel records ensuring legal compliance. Ensure confidentiality and security of all employee files and records.
- Provide support to the HRBP in recruiting, talent management, and training activities
- Support the Health, Safety and Environmental Department in reporting W/C accidents to TPA. Follow up on, collect, maintain, and communicate regarding W/C medical certifications, return to work status, and restrictions, in coordination with department and safety managers.
- Maintain, update, and distribute all HR document controlled forms, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as requested
- Bi-lingual, with Spanish language proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associates required
- At least two years HR experience in benefits and leave administration. Experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
- CEBS, SHRM-CP, or HRCI-PHR desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Remarkable written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to process data quickly and accurately
- Strong technical skills with the ability to learn new platforms quickly
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work collaboratively in a team environment and as an independent contributor