Our client, a manager of small to large-scale construction projects, has an immediate need for an HR Administrator. The HR Admin will serve as the first point of contact for all HR-related inquiries and will be the point person for HR functions during full employment life cycle, including performance management, employee engagement and recognition, benefits and leave administration, and communicating company policies and practices.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer activities including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; progressive discipline, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Oversee employee activities and community engagement committee.
- Administer performance management program.
- Assist payroll administrator and serve as back up to Payroll Administrator.
- Provide training and development opportunities.
- Process employee record changes in HRIS database. Maintain and keep current confidential employee forms and files. Prepare HRIS reports.
- Assist employees with navigation of all HR related platforms including HRIS, LMS, and performance management and troubleshoots as necessary.
- Participate in tracking compliance with job specific and corporate training.
- Coordinate on-site meetings; assists with travel arrangements and orders luncheons as needed.
- Lead new hire orientation and handle all onboarding/offboarding tasks.
- Respond to verification of employment requests.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 2+ years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Proficiency with HRIS, time and attendance, performance management platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.