Our client, a key supplier of critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology, industrial, and defense markets, is in need of an experienced Electronics Test Manager (ETM). The ETM will manage and lead a group of test technicians and test engineers as part of the RF Operations Team.
- Oversee daily operations of the test areas to assure safety, quality, delivery, utilization, and employee performance and satisfaction.
- Analyze the production plan and capacity to proactively recommend strategic and tactical approaches to improve and adapt capacity to assure success.
- Work closely with Material Scheduling, Planning, Control team to assure the plan meets customer need
- Manage the staffing, time & attendance to optimize utilization and positively impact gross margin.
- Assure that all test equipment, procedures, and employee actions meet required safety protocols.
- Cultivate a positive and collaborative relationship with manufacturing and design engineering as key support organizations.
- Develop a focus on data driven quality improvement.
- Collaborate and partner with the Quality team to plan and achieve quality improvement goals.
- Create and manage processes for daily team communication on and across shifts.
- Ensure adherence to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
- Support, coach, and lead the Electrical Engineering team focused on day-to day operations, ongoing improvement, and test station design and development.
- Create test and repair layouts and equipment for safety, smooth flow, quality level achievement, utilization, cost efficiency, and visual factory.
- Collaborate with the design engineering team to implement product engineering changes while participating in ECO/ECR process.
- Ensure that the company’s document control process is implemented.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Master’s Degree preferred (Engineering, Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, MBA)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years leading manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team of professionals.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels & educational backgrounds.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Effectively utilize structured problem solving, LEAN, 6S, and Gemba.
- Capability to initiate and lead process improvements.
- Ability to provide performance management and career development coaching to team members.
- Knowledge of manufacturing controls required – Capacity planning, inventory control, Bills of Materials, Engineering drawings and Change Orders, Document Control, Work Instructions.
- Ability to lift 50lbs