Our client, a biotech pioneer in organ transplant technologies and therapies, is in immediate need of an experienced Director of Talent Acquisition. As a creative and business-oriented leader, the Director of TA will own both the strategic design and hands-on implementation of full-cycle talent acquisition initiatives to attract and engage diverse best-in-class talent for job openings across all functions within the company.
- Manage all talent acquisition processes, infrastructure and operations from role definition through on-boarding to bring diverse top talent
- Create compelling job descriptions and job postings
- Manage req approval process
- Review resumes, conducts initial phone screens, schedules interviews and manages interview logistics
- Strive for positive candidate experience, solicits feedback
- Conduct thorough reference checks
- Craft offer, produces offer documentation
- Manages background check process
- Leads on-boarding of new hires in conjunction with benefits manager, hiring manager and other functional leads
- Develop and market a strong and authentic employer brand aligned with our business and culture, and serve as the foundation for attracting top candidates and ensuring a consistent and positive candidate experience
- Proactively develop creative strategies to source candidates from multiple channels and establishes relationships with external recruiting resources including agencies, LinkedIn, Indeed, professional associations, universities, etc.
- Design and execute key projects and initiatives to optimize systems and processes, such as a robust on-boarding program, efficient applicant tracking solution, effective college recruitment/internship program, etc.
- Create, track and measure TA metrics (e.g., source productivity, resume to interview ratio, interview to offer ratio, offer to acceptance ratio, time to fill, etc.). Use data to continuously evaluate and improve talent acquisition strategies, practices, and processes.
- Own the process for Visa initiations, transfers and renewals for new and current employees
- Maintain a deep understanding of our business, the market and emerging trends within the talent acquisition field
- 8+ years’ experience in full-cycle talent acquisition, across all disciplines; minimum of 3 years’ experience in a life science company, preferably within medical device industry
- Outstanding background implementing employer branding and employee engagement strategies and programs
- Proven ability to leverage technology to gain efficiencies and optimize TA practices and outcomes; experience with successful implementation of ATS is a plus
- Experience building and driving a team of external and internal resources to deliver high quality candidates
- Excellent verbal (in-person, via zoom and on the phone) and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of efficiently delivering results and exceeding goals in a fast-paced, high growth environment