Our client, a large, global technology supplier in the wireless telecom space, is looking for an experienced Director of Revenue.
- Prepare, analyze and review of multi-element transactions to document accounting conclusions in line with ASC 606, and ensure the accuracy of those deals in NetSuite from order to cash and record to report processes.
- Maintain an understanding of the company products and programs (new and existing) relative to their revenue impact on transactions and the application of ASC 606.
- Perform technical accounting research on revenue recognition-related topics and provide conclusive recommendations relative to policy and application.
- Interface and partner with global cross functional teams; including but not limited to Sales/Sales Operations, Legal, Order Processing, Credit and Collections, General Ledger Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, etc. to drive accuracy of the financial statements.
- Maintain all modules associated with ARM, NetSuite’s Advanced Revenue Module, and related items.
- Prepare analyses and workpapers to support data driven decisions and to ensure accuracy of reporting for revenue, contract asset/liability and unbilled revenue.
- Organize and maintain process documentation for areas of responsibility relative to procedures and SOX controls for IPO readiness.
- Run the consolidated monthly revenue close process,
- Interface and partner with External Audit on revenue related issues.
- Create ad hoc revenue analyses as requested.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA, with Big 4 public accounting experience
- Strong technical (US GAAP) accounting background with extensive ASC 606 experience
- Inquisitive and eager to learn, develop and continuously improve
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Committed to accuracy and attention to detail and creative approach to problem-solving
- Deadline driven and able to handle multiple high priority deliverables at one time
- Positive attitude with the flexibility to work well in a changing and fluid environment
- Accounting operations and/or public accounting audit experience
- Hardware, software, and service sales transactions in a technology industry