The Senior Manager of Finance & Accounting will work closely with the CEO and manage the short and long-term financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and reporting efforts of our rapidly growing multi-million-dollar medical device company. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, independent, consummate team player, coachable, resourceful and results-oriented finance professional who values working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Manage finances, budgeting, financial analysis and reporting for management.
- Manage the operational month end close review, oversee bookkeeping, billing and taxes.
- Establish methodologies, governance and system enabling reporting for critical metrics.
- Evaluate and drive improvements across finance operations to support company growth.
- Oversee the management of lease, contracts, and consulting agreements.
- Develop financial models to provide insights into existing and forward-looking business initiatives, including measuring business results and key success metrics.
- Build the finance team overtime to support accounts payable/receivable and payroll.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS in Accounting/Finance from a top-tiered institution.
- 5-10 years of experience as a finance generalist in small/hi-growth companies.
- Prior experience working for the Big 4 accounting firms.
- Experience working for a manufacturing/hardware company including inventory and WIP.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and interpret the organization's financial priorities
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and see projects through to conclusion.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to think creatively and critically.
- Outstanding communication skills.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance
- MS or MBA preferred
- This is a 50/50 general accounting/FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) role
- Minimum 6 Years of Experience
- 1-2 years in one of the big 4 accounting firm with transition to small/high growth company
- Continuously employed/career progression path since graduating
- Intuitive/self-directed/ambitious/hands-on (1-person team to start; hire a small team overtime)
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing/medical device company preferred.