Our client, a long-established and esteemed faith-based nonprofit, with a mission to provide families with food, shelter and employment preparation has immediate need for an experienced Director of Development (DoD).
The DoD is responsible for raising a target of operating funds and additional capital funding; creating and developing a sustainable fundraising infrastructure to keep pace with program growth. The DoD will create numerous, efficient, and compelling opportunities for donors to support the organization and make the experience of giving rewarding and impactful to encourage sustained giving.
Duties are included but not limited to:
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of development professionals comprised of a Grants Manager, Major Gifts Officer, Manager of Stewardship and Engagement, Events Coordinator, Database Manager and Development Associate.
- Sustain a highly effective, positive, team environment within the Development Team
- Maintain beautiful cooperation with leaders across the Organization.
- Implement policies and procedures to guide Development Team’s efforts, decisions, and practices.
- Advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging within the Development Team
- Mentor, set goals, and conduct twice-yearly evaluations of each member of your talented and dedicated development team.
- Select next generation software to improve efficiency and effectiveness within development.
- Working alongside the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, establish annual revenue/fundraising goals and budgets.
- Develop a Strategic Plan for Development to ensure fundraising aligns with and supports the strategic goals for next five Fiscal Years and future growth.
- Oversee efforts to identify and secure State/Government funding opportunities that align with our mission, vision, and values.
- Provide strategic direction over the grant submission process; identify new funding sources and collaborate with managers to determine funding needs.
- Manage the planning and execution of fundraising events to ensure maximum revenue, donor acquisition and participant engagement and experience.
- Assess current and create new fundraising events.
- Consult and engage the Development Committee when creating strategies for fundraising.
- Manage comprehensive donor strategies including identification, cultivation, motivation, enhancement, engagement, recognition, and stewardship to build warm, robust donor relationships.
- Build and manage a portfolio of donors: qualify capacity, engage, solicit, and steward to encourage maximum philanthropic support.
- Identify new donor prospects and funding sources.
- Create donor portfolios of DoD, Major Gifts Officer, Executive Director, and members of the Development Committee of the Board.
- Leverage the philanthropic potential of all donors, volunteers, and Board Members, where significant resources exist.
- Secure and increase Event Sponsorships, auction items and participation from individual, foundation and corporate sources.
- Create and execute successful annual appeals and special campaigns.
- Create a system to cultivate planned giving as a revenue stream.
- Partner with other areas of the Organization to cultivate volunteers and in-kind supporters as financial supporters.
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Communications to plan and implement a comprehensive development (fundraising-focused) communications plan
- With the Committee Chair, direct the Development Committee of the Board.
- Manage the Boston Marathon Fundraiser.
- Oversee the execution of our three main fundraising participant events.
- Create new development events/experiences that appeal to younger generations of donors.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the Organization’s faith-based mission.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven success as leader of a non-profit development team with annual revenues of $4M+
- Evaluating programs, and working with a Board of Directors
- Proven excellence in the creation and implementation of multi-year strategies to increase revenues.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to cultivate major donors and make substantial asks.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, solve problems, and foster a positive team environment.
- Familiarity with Lawrence and bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- A solid knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.