Our client, a highly regarded nonprofit social services provider, has an immediate need for an experienced Communications Manager (CM). The CM is responsible for managing communications within Development to support the nonprofit's growth by providing support to internal stakeholders and being a point of contact for external vendors and media outlets.
- Ensure that any content or printed material seen by the general public has messaging and branding that are consistent with the nonprofits mission across all channels of communications.
- Work with all areas of the nonprofit to collect and communicate statistics to donors and the community.
- Create, distribute, and update the Communications Policies and Procedures Guidelines and ensure that content/material seen by the general public is in alignment throughout the nonprofit.
- Review and improve website traffic by reporting on metrics/analytics and providing support in making updates, implementing new functionality, creating new web pages, and ensuring consistent messaging and branding.
- Function as the point of contact for all media inquiries and media events for the nonprofit.
- Identify new potential media relationships and cultivate partnerships with local media outlets (e.g., newspapers, magazines, news stations, etc.).
- Create an annual press release schedule, write press releases, and submit press releases to media outlets.
- Ensure that social media accounts are consistent with messaging and branding by providing recommendations as needed related to social media post content and design.
- Review social media metrics and provide insight and recommendations on how to improve statistics and sustain audiences.
- Create and distribute marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters, videos, etc.
- Generate email communications for the nonprofit through Constant Contact and provide recommendations on how to maintain high read rates and engagement.
- Write and edit the content as requested for any literature, press release or publications that applies to the nonprofit (e.g., newsletters, annual report, annual appeals, general brochure, development appeals, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of experience working in a communications/marketing role.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Proficient using Adobe Suite (Layout, Video Editing, Photo Manipulation) and managing websites.
- Hands-on experience using Constant Contact.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience working as part of a communications team.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient organizational skills and attention to detail.
- History of working with diverse demographics of individuals.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors, and the general public.