Boston-based global engineering firm is searching for a Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for directing all aspects of the firm’s fiscal functions. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and tactical direction of the firm’s financial operations, while remaining intimately involved in the detailed accounting and reporting.
The CFO’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the firm’s domestic and global financial operations, standard accounting practices, cash management, expense control, financial planning and analysis, client billing, project management, banking relationships, audit, tax, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll.
- Oversee and coordinate the financial reporting of the firm’s branch offices and corporate entities outside the US (three locations)
- Oversee department consisting of two.
- Head leadership team with data necessary to make strategic operating decisions.
- Proactively work with project managers to track project budgets, resource allocation and billing.
- Manage all periodic and year-end closings, year-end audit and preparation of consolidated financial statements. Manage external accounting firm relationship.
- Coordination with CPA firm regarding all laws and regulations regarding partnership taxes and provide counsel to firm Partners on firm related and personal taxation implications.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience directing finance in positions of increasing authority, preferably at in the A/E/C industry.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Expert in finance and accounting, compiling and managing budgets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate financial data to various parties.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with all employees and external parties.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using Deltek Vision preferred.