Our client, a nonprofit provider of health and human support services and programs for the elderly and the disabled is seeking an experienced CFO/Controller. This hybrid role reports to the Executive Director and oversees a staff of 11 in the Accounting & Finance department. The candidate also oversees the management of facilities, IT and Purchasing departments and providing technical and analytical guidance for the Finance and Administrative departments.
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and financial information in order to advise the Executive Director of operating results in terms of performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Coordinate the organization's annual audit, review findings, and make recommendations to the Executive Director
- Advise and recommend matters of fiscal and administrative policies
- Prepare financial statements for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- File annual reports for pension, audit and other financial reporting requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liability.
- Coordinate, direct and document all financial procedures and operations including preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, accounts, books and records of transactions, variances and cash flow.
- Develop, maintain and updates internal and external reports.
- Appraise performance of accounting, finance, purchasing, information technology and facilities personnel.
- Participate in the annual provider evaluation.
- Oversight of the systems of accounts, books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Perform tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Execute other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education. Skill & Experience:
- Minimum of five years financial management and supervisory experience.
- Minimum of three years administrative management and supervision experience including Purchasing, Facilities and IT.
- Minimum of three years working in human services, government or similar setting.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, ability to clearly present to the board of directors.
- Strong technical skills including experience using Microsoft Dynamics, Solomon, Paychex and FRX.
- Must be a self-starter, independent and committed to organization.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and identify and implement best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree and/or CPA preferred, in accounting or finance, business administration.