Our client, an innovative health and human services non-profit, providing housing, healthcare, home health, behavioral health, addiction treatment in collaboration with community partners is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk
The role reports to the Controller. The candidate needs to come into this position with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel, preferably used in a non-profit organization.
This is a temporary-to-permanent position.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, and recording accounts receivables’ data, prepare statements, invoices and bank deposits.
- Make deposits to the bank as needed, reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by following up with program managers monthly and generate aging reports detailing client’s balances.
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in accounts receivable
- 2 to 3 years of experience with Excel
- Accounting for non-profits (understand accounting by sources, programs, A/R management)
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Experience with Abila MIP a plus
- Knowledge of Kronos.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications or ability to learn quickly.
- Experience working with people from diverse populations
- Ability to work as an effective team member is essential.