Our client, a clinical-stage cell therapy company, has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager/Sr Accounting Manager (CPA).
- Support the company’s close process including performing CRO/CMO/contract accruals, account reconciliations, and variance analyses while ensuring policies and procedures are followed to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley
- Collaborate with Research and Clinical Development operational teams to review and understand study/program plans, clinical trial accruals, and related third-party contracts
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including Research, Clinical, FP&A, and accounts payable
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to help reduce the month-end close timeline
- Collaborate with accounts payable to review purchase orders, ensure accurate coding of expenses, and monitor payments to vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy or Business required
- Minimum 5+ years combined in public or private accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, quarter-end close, and reporting process
- Experience at a Public Company and CPA required. Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to be productive and successful and work under tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills required and proficiency with other Microsoft Office products
- NetSuite experience preferred