Our client, a premier engineering/consulting firm, serving medical, industrial, commercial and defense sectors, has an immediate for an Accounting Department Assistant (ADA). This is a part-time position.
The ADA will perform various purchasing functions, including but not limited to purchasing materials, services, and equipment for multiple projects in a product engineering environment.
- Procure supplies, services, and equipment
- Provide excellent support to all departments and staff concerning purchase requirements
- Secure and analyze quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommend suppliers for cost, quality, and delivery
- Process purchase orders and amendments through the required approval process
- Perform a variety of administrative functions; prepare and update reports, record related documents, and responds to inquiries
- Maintain close relationships with suppliers, take a proactive approach in interfacing with vendors to resolve issues and reduce costs
- Track orders, manage anticipated arrival dates, and verify the quality of items received
- Maintain new and existing vendor files
- Manage and perform the shipping/receiving of materials
- Manage, update, and assist with documentation and audit to meet Government Tracking requirements
- Recommend improvements for efficient storage and retrieval of purchase orders and specifications
- Exceptional systems acumen (inventory systems and comprehension, general accounting)
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail, policy, and procedures
- Accurate data entry and record-keeping
- Excellent follow-through skills with the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to keep track of deadlines and meet goals and project-related expectations
- Contribute and work effectively with others in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years of experience working in an office environment
- Previous experience in an engineering environment is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.