Our client, an innovator of software dedicated to technology business management, from conversions and upgrades to design analysis and standards compliance, has an immediate need for an experienced Accountant.
The candidate will be responsible for the company’s day-to-day, month-end, tactical accounting, bookkeeping, and interstate and international corporate tax responsibilities. This is an amazing opportunity for a Boston-area Accountant: work-from-home/remote Accounting role for a Total Business Management (TBM) client with proprietary SaaS and client outreach.
Responsibilities and Main Areas of Focus:
- Financial Reporting:
- Produce accurate monthly consolidated management accounts and finance pack to agreed deadlines
- Ensure accurate and consistent schedules for all regions are shared on Google Drive to support the monthly management accounts (including balance sheet reconciliations)
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions and account balances.
- Manage the deferred revenue process.
- Budgeting & Cost control:
- Produce and distribute monthly variance reports for each budget holder.
- Work with the CEO to produce the annual budget.
- Cash Management:
- Ensure bank account transactions updated on accounting system on a daily basis for the operating companies. Reconcile all bank accounts
- Ensure sufficient cash balance maintained in each region.
- Ensure US Sales Tax returns accurately prepared and submitted.
- Ensure all payments associated with the above take place within regulatory deadlines.
- Co-ordinate with the Japan tax accountants to provide them the information they need for all Japanese tax reporting.
- Completion of UK tax residency applications as part of EU sales process.
- Accounts receivable:
- Ensure all invoicing and order processing completed in a timely manner.
- Cash collections and dealing with customer and invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Support the sales team with ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Accounts payable:
- Ensure that supplier invoices are processed, recorded and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly payment runs for each region. Bank payments.
- Payroll / HR:
- Co-ordinate monthly payroll with external payroll providers in US and Japan.
- Upload of monthly 401K information to 401K provider.
- Ensure all US compliance matters dealt with in a timely manner e.g. annual registrations.
- Co-ordinate Japan compliance matters with external consultant.
- Operations and other:
- Any other ad-hoc work / reporting that may arise.
- Co-ordinate the commercial insurance renewals.
- Support the assistant accountant in Japan.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years' experience in an accounting role
- Experience with ERP systems