Our client, a distributor of advanced composite materials and project management company, has an immediate opening for an Accountant.
- Keep financial books and records in QuickBooks up-to-date and accurate. Also manage document filing, including backup for invoices, purchase orders, accounting information, payment details, and other customer information.
- Work with the team to manage banking relationships, the revolving line of credit, and bank account balances. Make deposits with the bank and reconcile cash accounts to bank balances.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, vendors, and partners regarding payments, invoices, purchase orders, bills, credit, order status, etc. Serve as AP point of contact to vendors and suppliers and serve as AR point of contact for all customers.
- Pay invoices, reconcile to open invoices, and issue payment authorization to the bank. Reconcile purchase orders and inventory received with vendor invoices and shipping documents.
- Regularly review open receivables and actively follow up on collections. Create cash projections based on current receivables and the payment status of specific customers.
- Support inventory reporting and month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reconciliations.
- Support annual planning, strategy, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Work collaboratively with a small team to solve problems across all aspects of the business, even if outside of specific job description (e.g. warehouse, customer service, etc.).
- Go above and beyond in every interaction with customers, vendors, partners, and team.
- Strong computer skills and a desire to regularly conduct work in various software programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- High proficiency in ERPs or Accounting and Inventory Management systems: QuickBooks Enterprise preferred.
- Experience creating and working with all business order forms: purchase orders, sales orders, quotes, invoices, pick tickets, packing slips, bills of lading, receipt of goods, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.